This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Winter Comes to Manhattan
- Artist: Bertram Brandt
- Medium: Gelatin silver photograph
- Dates: 1949
- Dimensions: 9 x 7 in. (22.9 x 17.8 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Paper label on verso reads: 921580....New York Bureau Winter Comes to Manhattan New York: As Autumn turns to Winter, New York Becomes the jeweled city. Darkness comes early and people are still in their offices, as a result the skyscrapers are a blaze of light as the working day nears its close. ACME Photographer Bertram Brandt made this view looking south from the sixteenth floor ACME offices, catching the impressive Pennsylvania Station, Nov. 15. NY-1-2-3-4 FOR CREDIT (ACME) 11/17/49 (JB) Photograph is also stamped on verso in black ink and the date is stamped in red ink.
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 1990.242.2
- Credit Line: Gift of Alan Schlussel
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Bertram Brandt. Winter Comes to Manhattan, 1949. Gelatin silver photograph, 9 x 7 in. (22.9 x 17.8 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Alan Schlussel, 1990.242.2. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: View of Penn Station
- Record Completeness: Good (73%)