This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Surf and Rocks
- Artist: Milton Avery, American, 1885-1965
- Medium: Felt-tipped marker on paper
- Dates: 1948
- Dimensions: Sheet: 13 13/16 x 16 7/8 in. (35.1 x 42.9 cm) Image: 11 x 14 in. (27.9 x 35.6 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in blue ink at lower left: "Milton Avery"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in marker: "surf" written twice in image (center and upper right) and "[dam?], Rocks in turf"
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 1991.55
- Credit Line: Gift of Sally Michel Avery
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Milton Avery (American, 1885-1965). Surf and Rocks, 1948. Felt-tipped marker on paper, Sheet: 13 13/16 x 16 7/8 in. (35.1 x 42.9 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Sally Michel Avery, 1991.55. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (54%)