This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Balconies and Stairways
- Artist: Eugene Berman, American, 1899-1972
- Medium: Oil on canvasboard (mounted on strainer)
- Dates: 1954
- Dimensions: 37 7/8 x 23 in. (96.2 x 58.4 cm) Frame: 33 x 24 1/16 in. (83.8 x 61.1 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Bottom center with monogram: "E.B. / 1954"
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 76.190.1
- Credit Line: Gift of Michael de Havenon
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Eugene Berman (American, 1899-1972). Balconies and Stairways, 1954. Oil on canvasboard (mounted on strainer), 37 7/8 x 23 in. (96.2 x 58.4 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Michael de Havenon, 76.190.1. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Condition: The canvas is generally sound. There is a 2" surface scratch at bottom center, and a 2" thin horizontal cut down to the canvas level (5" from left. 12" from bottom), and a small fibrous surface accretion (2" from right, 10" from top). The painting is held in its frame with a wooden collar and nails, but without stripping or backing.
- Record Completeness: Good (73%)