This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Aaron Siskind’s photographs isolate, and render almost abstract, details of the outdoors from both natural and urban settings. His images are often considered the photographic equivalent of Abstract Expressionism, in that they look “painterly” and evoke the gestural abstraction of the New York School.
This text refers to these objects: ' 1999.127.9; 1999.127.6
- Artist: Aaron Siskind, American, 1903-1991
- Medium: Gelatin silver photograph
- Dates: 1948
- Dimensions: Image: 18 x 13 in. (45.7 x 33.0 cm) Sheet: 19 7/8 x 15 7/8 in. (50.3 x 40.4 cm) (show scale)
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 1999.127.6
- Credit Line: Gift of Robert L. Smith and Patricia L. Sawyer
- Rights Statement: © Aaron Siskind Foundation
- Caption: Aaron Siskind (American, 1903-1991). Chicago 9C, 1948. Gelatin silver photograph, Image: 18 x 13 in. (45.7 x 33.0 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Robert L. Smith and Patricia L. Sawyer, 1999.127.6. © Aaron Siskind Foundation
- Record Completeness: Good (62%)