This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Combat, Eighth State
- Artist: Stanley William Hayter, British, 1901-1988
- Medium: Engraving, soft ground etching
- Dates: 1936
- Dimensions: Other (Plate): 15 3/4 x 19 3/8in. (40 x 49.2cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Mark on verso Brooklyn Museum stamp: "43.238-8"
- Signature: Signed lower right in pencil:"SW Hayter 36"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed lower center in pencil: "Combat"; inscribed lower left in pencil: "5/30"
- Collections:European Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 43.238.11
- Edition: Edition: 5/30
- Credit Line: By exchange
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Stanley William Hayter (British, 1901-1988). Combat, Eighth State, 1936. Engraving, soft ground etching, Other (Plate): 15 3/4 x 19 3/8in. (40 x 49.2cm). Brooklyn Museum, By exchange, 43.238.11. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (58%)