This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Thought It Was a Warship
- Artist: Rollin Kirby, American, 1875-1952
- Medium: Graphite, gouache, charcoal and ink on paperboard
- Dates: early 20th century
- Dimensions: sheet: 20 1/16 x 15 in. (51 x 38.1 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed lower right in graphite: "ROLLIN / KIRBY"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed at lower left in graphite: "4 cols. Ed page tonight"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 44.8.10
- Credit Line: Gift of the artist
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Rollin Kirby (American, 1875-1952). Thought It Was a Warship, early 20th century. Graphite, gouache, charcoal and ink on paperboard, sheet: 20 1/16 x 15 in. (51 x 38.1 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of the artist, 44.8.10. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (72%)