This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Collier Brothers: Incident of the Early Spring (recto) and [Sketch] (verso)
- Artist: Dorothy Dehner, American, 1908-1994
- Medium: Ink and graphite on paper
- Dates: 1946
- Dimensions: Sheet (a, folded): 13 3/16 x 17 1/2 in. (33.5 x 44.5 cm) Sheet (b, unfolded): 26 x 17 1/2 in. (66 x 44.5 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: (a) Signed in ink lower left: "Dehner '46"
- Inscriptions: (a) Inscribed in ink, lower right: "INCIDENT OF THE EARLY SPRING"; (b) Inscribed in graphite lower right: "87.482" [not a Brooklyn Museum accession number]
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 2007.14.2a-b
- Credit Line: Gift of the Dorothy Dehner Foundation
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Dorothy Dehner (American, 1908-1994). Collier Brothers: Incident of the Early Spring (recto) and [Sketch] (verso), 1946. Ink and graphite on paper, Sheet (a, folded): 13 3/16 x 17 1/2 in. (33.5 x 44.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of the Dorothy Dehner Foundation, 2007.14.2a-b. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Large sheet folded in half with (a) "Incident of the Early Spring" in ink on outside of folded sheet, and (b) sketches in ink and graphite on inside of unfolded sheet
- Record Completeness: Good (74%)