Mummy Bandage, Wen-nefer, born of Ta-amun
The vignette depicts Wen-nefer sitting in front of an offering table, greeting three deities with his right hand. In his left hand he holds the image of his heart—the seat of consciousness—next to its correct anatomical place.
- Medium: Linen, ink
- Dates: 332 B.C.E. - 1st century C.E.
- Period: Ptolemaic Period or later
- Dimensions: 2 5/8 x 3/16 x 20 1/16 in. (6.7 x 0.4 x 51 cm) Threads per square cm: Warp: 47 x Weft: 19 (show scale)
- Collections:Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 37.2039.75E
- Credit Line: Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Mummy Bandage, Wen-nefer, born of Ta-amun, 332 B.C.E. - 1st century C.E. Linen, ink, 2 5/8 x 3/16 x 20 1/16 in. (6.7 x 0.4 x 51 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund, 37.2039.75E. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Good (60%)