Coffee Pot with Lid
While in Atlanta, William Lycett decorated china, taught classes in china, oil, and watercolor painting, and sold art materials and plain porcelain blanks for decoration. A fixture of Atlanta society, William’s descendants successfully continued the family’s ceramic business until the 1970s.
- Decorator: William Lycett, American, born England, 1855-1909, active late 19th century
- Medium: Porcelain
- Dates: ca. 1895
- Dimensions: 12 x 5 x 6 1/2 in. (30.5 x 12.7 x 16.5 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: On bottom: printed in blue: "[within oval] Wm LYCETT/ ATLANTA/ GA" Impressed near outer edge: "120"
- Collections:Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 2011.58.3a-b
- Credit Line: Harold S. Keller Fund
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: William Lycett (American, born England, 1855-1909, active late 19th century). Coffee Pot with Lid, ca. 1895. Porcelain, 12 x 5 x 6 1/2 in. (30.5 x 12.7 x 16.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Harold S. Keller Fund, 2011.58.3a-b. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Good (65%)