This cake plate was probably part of a large dinner service; “Mount Vernon” is printed on the back. This may indicate the pattern name of the service or refer to the place where the plate was decorated; Francis Lycett is known to have lived in Mount Vernon, New York.
- Decorator: Francis Lycett, American, 1861-early 20th century
- Medium: Porcelain
- Dates: ca. 1900
- Dimensions: 1 7/16 x 10 3/4 x 9 7/8 in. (3.7 x 27.3 x 25.1 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: On reverse, printed in green: '[logo]?/ F. Lycett/ Mt. Vernon'
- Collections:Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 2011.79.2
- Credit Line: Harold S. Keller Fund
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Francis Lycett (American, 1861-early 20th century). Plate, ca. 1900. Porcelain, 1 7/16 x 10 3/4 x 9 7/8 in. (3.7 x 27.3 x 25.1 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Harold S. Keller Fund, 2011.79.2. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Good (65%)