This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Study for Homage to the Square "High Tenor"
- Artist: Josef Albers, American, 1888-1976
- Medium: Oil on masonite
- Place Made: United States
- Dates: 1959
- Dimensions: 18 x 18 in. (45.7 x 45.7cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Recto: initialed and dated lower right: A 59 Verso: marked, "diminuenda" in chalk with title, signature, date, dimensions, and color notes
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in American Identities: A New Look, Modern Life, 5th Floor
- Accession Number: 1995.197.2
- Credit Line: Gift of The Josef and Anni Albers Foundation
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Josef Albers (American, 1888-1976). Study for Homage to the Square "High Tenor," 1959. Oil on masonite, 18 x 18 in. (45.7 x 45.7cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of The Josef and Anni Albers Foundation, 1995.197.2. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: JAF #363
- Record Completeness: Good (76%)