This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Gulls at Shipwreck Bay
- Artist: William Starkweather, American, born Scotland, 1879-1969
- Medium: Transparent watercolor with touches of opaque watercolor over graphite on white, thick, rough textured wove paper
- Dates: ca. 1927
- Dimensions: 20 x 20 in. (50.8 x 50.8 cm) Frame: 27 3/16 x 27 3/16 x 1 5/8 in. (69.1 x 69.1 x 4.1 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed lower right, in blue watercolor: "William Starkweather"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 27.191
- Credit Line: Museum Collection Fund
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: William Starkweather (American, born Scotland, 1879-1969). Gulls at Shipwreck Bay, ca. 1927. Transparent watercolor with touches of opaque watercolor over graphite on white, thick, rough textured wove paper, 20 x 20 in. (50.8 x 50.8 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Museum Collection Fund, 27.191. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Condition: good to fair
- Record Completeness: Good (75%)