This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Barn in the Berkshires
- Artist: John Marin, American, 1870-1953
- Medium: Watercolor and black conté crayon on off-white, thick, rough textured wove paper
- Dates: 1925
- Dimensions: 14 11/16 x 18 1/2 in. (37.3 x 47 cm) Frame: 24 x 30 x 1 1/2 in. (61 x 76.2 x 3.8 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed lower right: "Marin / 25"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 28.15
- Credit Line: Carll H. de Silver Fund
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: John Marin (American, 1870-1953). Barn in the Berkshires, 1925. Watercolor and black conté crayon on off-white, thick, rough textured wove paper, 14 11/16 x 18 1/2 in. (37.3 x 47 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Carll H. de Silver Fund, 28.15. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: There is an incomplete sketch of barns (similar to image on recto) drawn in black conté crayon on verso.
- Record Completeness: Good (75%)