This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
- Artist: Georg J. Lober, American, 1892-1961
- Medium: Silver and black stone
- Dates: 1925
- Dimensions: 14 3/8 x 3 1/4 x 3 in., 9 lb. (36.5 x 8.3 x 7.6 cm, 4.1kg) (show scale)
- Markings: Incised around bottom edge of silver base: "AMER. ART F.DRY. N.Y."
- Signature: Inscribed on proper right below figure: "GEORG LOBER 1925"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Luce Visible Storage and Study Center, 5th Floor
- Accession Number: 26.153
- Credit Line: Gift of Bruce Douglas
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Georg J. Lober (American, 1892-1961). Statuette "Madonna," 1925. Silver and black stone, 14 3/8 x 3 1/4 x 3 in., 9 lb. (36.5 x 8.3 x 7.6 cm, 4.1kg). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Bruce Douglas, 26.153. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Statuette of columnar figure of Madonna holding infant Christ, in Gothic style. She wears long robes with stylized drapery folds and a crown, Christ has a halo. Standing on half-dome atop stepped base with band of stylized foliate forms. Silver sculpture attached to simple black stone base that flares at bottom. Condition: Good, some accretions in crevices.
- Record Completeness: Good (76%)