Relief with Offering List
Four columns of text in this fragment list offerings for Senwosret II to enjoy throughout eternity, including wine, beer, a copper bowl, and a container of festival perfume (the sign for "container" appears in the lower left). The hieroglyphs show considerable detail, as in the meticulous rendering of the man's curly hair at the bottom of the second column from left.
- Medium: Limestone
- Place Excavated: Lahun, Egypt
- Dates: ca. 1844-1835 B.C.E.
- Dynasty: XII Dynasty
- Period: Middle Kingdom
- Dimensions: 18 1/8 x 15 3/4 in. (46 x 40 cm) (show scale)
- Collections:Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Egypt Reborn: Art for Eternity, Old Kingdom to 18th Dynasty, Egyptian Galleries, 3rd Floor
- Accession Number: 14.666
- Credit Line: Museum Collection Fund
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Relief with Offering List, ca. 1844-1835 B.C.E. Limestone, 18 1/8 x 15 3/4 in. (46 x 40 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Museum Collection Fund, 14.666. Creative Commons-BY
- Catalogue Description: Fragmentary offering list beneath register decorated with large five-pointed stars.
- Record Completeness: Best (84%)