This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
The Purple Scarf
- Artist: W. Sherman Potts, American, 1876-1930
- Medium: Watercolor on ivory portrait in gilded wood frame
- Dates: ca. 1929
- Dimensions: Image: 4 1/4 x 3 3/16 in. (10.8 x 8.1 cm) Frame: 5 9/16 x 4 1/2 in. (14.1 x 11.4 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed lower right: "POTTS"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Luce Visible Storage and Study Center, 5th Floor
- Accession Number: 31.758
- Credit Line: Museum Collection Fund
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: W. Sherman Potts (American, 1876-1930). The Purple Scarf, ca. 1929. Watercolor on ivory portrait in gilded wood frame, Image: 4 1/4 x 3 3/16 in. (10.8 x 8.1 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Museum Collection Fund, 31.758. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (73%)