Mummification was sometimes available for pets of the very wealthy, but most animal mummies were offerings to the gods.
This text refers to these objects: ' 37.1984E; 05.308
- Medium: Animal remains, linen, painted
- Place Made: Egypt
- Dates: 305 B.C.E.-395 C.E.
- Period: Ptolemaic Period to Roman Period
- Dimensions: 3 1/4 x 18 x 7 in. (8.3 x 45.7 x 17.8 cm) (show scale)
- Collections:Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 05.308
- Credit Line: Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Dog Mummy, 305 B.C.E.-395 C.E. Animal remains, linen, painted, 3 1/4 x 18 x 7 in. (8.3 x 45.7 x 17.8 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund, 05.308. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Best (85%)