This head was carved in black granite, one of the more costly stones available to the non-royal elite for their statues. Yet this individual, living in the Middle Kingdom, wears a very simple hairstyle.
- Medium: Granite
- Place Made: Egypt
- Dates: ca. 1759-1675 B.C.E.
- Dynasty: early XIII Dynasty
- Period: Middle Kingdom
- Dimensions: 4 7/16 x 3 3/8 x 4 13/16 in. (11.3 x 8.6 x 12.2 cm) (show scale)
- Collections:Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 37.394
- Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. Frederic B. Pratt
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Fragmentary Head, ca. 1759-1675 B.C.E. Granite, 4 7/16 x 3 3/8 x 4 13/16 in. (11.3 x 8.6 x 12.2 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. Frederic B. Pratt, 37.394. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Best (82%)