Although it is one of many similar compositions, this statuette has particular interest for the inscribed rectangular item, possibly a papyrus, on top of the man's phallus. The non-hieroglyphic writing is enigmatic, perhaps representing musical notation.
- Medium: Limestone, painted
- Place Made: Egypt
- Dates: 305-30 B.C.E.
- Period: Ptolemaic Period
- Dimensions: 5 13/16 x 8 1/4 in. (14.8 x 21 cm) (show scale)
- Collections:Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Egypt Reborn: Art for Eternity, 19th Dynasty to Roman Period, Martha A. and Robert S. Rubin Gallery, 3rd Floor
- Accession Number: 58.34
- Credit Line: Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Erotic Musicians, 305-30 B.C.E. Limestone, painted, 5 13/16 x 8 1/4 in. (14.8 x 21 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund , 58.34. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Best (81%)