Bracelet with Scarab
The soft matte finish and pristine condition of its clasp loops indicate that this bracelet was never worn. Rather, it seems to have been deposited as a funerary offering in an official's tomb in Byblos.
- Medium: Gold, amethyst
- Geographical Locations:
- Dates: ca. 1938-1700 B.C.E.
- Dynasty: XII Dynasty-early XIII Dynasty
- Period: Middle Kingdom
- Dimensions: 1 5/16 x 1 x 7 15/16 in. (3.3 x 2.5 x 20.1 cm) 3/8 x 5/8 x 7/8 in. (1 x 1.6 x 2.3 cm) Other (Bracelet): 2 13/16 x 2 3/16 in. (7.1 x 5.5 cm) (show scale)
- Collections:Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Egypt Reborn: Art for Eternity, Old Kingdom to 18th Dynasty, Egyptian Galleries, 3rd Floor
- Accession Number: 65.46
- Credit Line: Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Bracelet with Scarab, ca. 1938-1700 B.C.E. Gold, amethyst, 1 5/16 x 1 x 7 15/16 in. (3.3 x 2.5 x 20.1 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund, 65.46. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Good (78%)