This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
- Artist: Arthur Lee, American, born Norway, 1881-1961
- Medium: Bronze
- Dimensions: 40 3/8 x 13 13/16 x 11 3/8 in. (102.6 x 35.1 x 28.9 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Foundry mark on back of base along lower right edge: "KUNST FOUNDRY N.Y."
- Signature: On back of base along lower left edge: "ARTHUR LEE ©"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed on front of base: "VOLUPTÉ"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 30.1108
- Credit Line: Robert B. Woodward Memorial Fund
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Arthur Lee (American, born Norway, 1881-1961). Volupté. Bronze, 40 3/8 x 13 13/16 x 11 3/8 in. (102.6 x 35.1 x 28.9 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Robert B. Woodward Memorial Fund, 30.1108. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Statue of body of nude female figure in contrapposto stance, arms raised but has no arms or head; body truncated above knees where figure merges into ovoid, integral base. Condition: Good.
- Record Completeness: Best (80%)