Occasionally we can identify one of the members of the Amarna royal family by a unique characteristic. The woman on this column drum has a tall, flat-topped crown worn exclusively by Nefertiti. This same headdress appears on the famous bust of the queen that is in the Berlin Museum.
- Medium: Limestone, painted
- Possible Place Made: El Amarna, Egypt
- Dates: ca. 1352-1336 B.C.E.
- Dynasty: late XVIII Dynasty
- Period: New Kingdom, Amarna Period
- Dimensions: 9 1/4 x 15 3/16 in. (23.5 x 38.5 cm) (show scale)
- Collections:Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Egypt Reborn: Art for Eternity, Amarna Period, Martha A. and Robert S. Rubin Gallery, 3rd Floor
- Accession Number: 71.89
- Credit Line: Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Nefertiti, ca. 1352-1336 B.C.E. Limestone, painted, 9 1/4 x 15 3/16 in. (23.5 x 38.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund, 71.89. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Best (92%)