This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
- Artist: Fritz Hammargren, American, born Sweden, 1892-1968
- Medium: Marble
- Dates: early 20th-mid 20th century
- Dimensions: 21 x 11 x 11 in. (53.3 x 27.9 x 27.9 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Inscribed on proper right side of base: "F. C. Hammargren"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Luce Visible Storage and Study Center, 5th Floor
- Accession Number: 31.815
- Credit Line: A. Augustus Healy Fund
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Fritz Hammargren (American, born Sweden, 1892-1968). Torso, early 20th-mid 20th century. Marble, 21 x 11 x 11 in. (53.3 x 27.9 x 27.9 cm). Brooklyn Museum, A. Augustus Healy Fund, 31.815. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Statuette of idealized nude female figure torso, truncated at neck and above shoulder, with arms raised, standing in contrapposto pose, figure emerges from irregular mounded base above knees; body is smoothly polished and base is roughly carved. Condition: Good.
- Record Completeness: Good (75%)