Mummification was sometimes available for pets of the very wealthy, but most animal mummies were offerings to the gods.
This text refers to these objects: ' 37.1984E; 05.308
- Medium: Animal remains, linen
- Place Made: Egypt
- Dates: 510-230 B.C.E.
- Dynasty: Dynasty 27 or later
- Period: Late Period to Ptolemaic Period
- Dimensions: 3 1/4 x 17 x 5 1/2 in. (8.3 x 43.2 x 14 cm) (show scale)
- Collections:Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 37.1984E
- Credit Line: Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Dog Mummy, 510-230 B.C.E. Animal remains, linen, 3 1/4 x 17 x 5 1/2 in. (8.3 x 43.2 x 14 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund, 37.1984E. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Best (88%)