Men and women used palettes such as this one to grind small lumps of green or black pigment for eyepaint. This example, worn hollow in the center from extensive use, was discovered in the owner's grave.
- Medium: Graywacke
- Place Made: Ma'mariya, Egypt
- Dates: ca. 2850-2675 B.C.E.
- Dynasty: late I Dynasty-early II Dynasty
- Period: early Dynastic Period
- Dimensions: 4 x 2 15/16 in. (10.1 x 7.5 cm) (show scale)
- Collections:Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Egypt Reborn: Art for Eternity, Pre-Dynastic, Egyptian Galleries, 3rd Floor
- Accession Number: 07.447.606
- Credit Line: Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Rectangular Palette, ca. 2850-2675 B.C.E. Graywacke, 4 x 2 15/16 in. (10.1 x 7.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund, 07.447.606. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Good (78%)