This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
- Artist: Vuk Vuchinich, American, 1901-1974
- Medium: Bronze
- Dates: 1933
- Dimensions: 49 1/2 x 33 1/2 x 7 1/2 in. (125.7 x 85.1 x 19.1 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Unsigned
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Luce Visible Storage and Study Center, 5th Floor
- Accession Number: 35.951
- Credit Line: Ella C. Woodward Memorial Fund
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Vuk Vuchinich (American, 1901-1974). The Archer, 1933. Bronze, 49 1/2 x 33 1/2 x 7 1/2 in. (125.7 x 85.1 x 19.1 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Ella C. Woodward Memorial Fund, 35.951. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Statue of large nude male figure truncated at knees standing on rectangular base; strides with proper left leg forward and arms posed as if holding a bow and arrow with proper left arm extended straight forward and right arm bent back pulling string; head tips down and has stylized facial features with squared nose and deeply furrowed brow; heavily muscled body. Condition: Good, allover patches of gold patina.
- Record Completeness: Good (73%)