This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
- Artist: Jose de Creeft, American, born Spain, 1884-1982
- Medium: Lead and concrete
- Dates: 1936
- Dimensions: 31 1/2 x 27 9/16 x 18 1/2 in. (80 x 70 x 47 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Inscribed in concrete along back side at left: "J. DE CREEFT"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in concrete on back, in lower center: "N. V. C. [?]"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 38.557
- Credit Line: Dick S. Ramsay Fund
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Jose de Creeft (American, born Spain, 1884-1982). Semitic Head, 1936. Lead and concrete, 31 1/2 x 27 9/16 x 18 1/2 in. (80 x 70 x 47 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Dick S. Ramsay Fund, 38.557. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Chest-length bust of male (?) figure looking down and to proper right; has heavy facial features and closed eyes; shoulder-length hair textured with scratches in surface, with hood or other cloth behind head; sculpture is hollow in back and covered with a layer of concrete painted rust color. Condition: Good; gouges and chips in hair and proper left forehead.
- Record Completeness: Good (74%)