This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
By the Pool
Abraham Walkowitz was part of the first generation of American artists to respond to European avant-garde art. This painting of nude bathers outdoors is possibly an early work
- Artist: Abraham Walkowitz, American, born Siberia, 1878-1965
- Medium: Oil on canvas board
- Dates: n.d.
- Dimensions: 24 x 19 7/8 in. (61 x 50.5 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed lower left: "A. WALKOWITZ"
- Inscriptions: Printed maker's label on verso canvas board: "CLIMAX / CANVAS PANEL / MADE FOR / PH. ROSENTHAL / 47 EAST 9 ST. NEW YORK, N.Y."
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 39.240
- Credit Line: Gift of the artist
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Abraham Walkowitz (American, born Siberia, 1878-1965). By the Pool, n.d. Oil on canvas board, 24 x 19 7/8 in. (61 x 50.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of the artist, 39.240. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Best (84%)