This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Large Bridge (The Iron Footbridge in Frankfurt/Main) (Grosse Brücke [Der eiserne Steg in Frankfurt/Main])
- Artist: Max Beckmann, German, 1884-1950
- Medium: Drypoint and etching on laid paper
- Place Made: Germany
- Dates: 1922
- Dimensions: Image (Plate): 16 3/8 x 10 in. (41.6 x 25.4 cm) Sheet: 20 1/8 x 12 3/4 in. (51.1 x 32.4 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Watermark: "H. Antique"
- Signature: Signed, "Beckmann" lower right corner in pencil
- Inscriptions: Lower left in graphite: "Hand Probedruck"; lower right in graphite: "Beckmann"
- Collections:European Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 38.792
- State: Trial proof
- Credit Line: By exchange
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Max Beckmann (German, 1884-1950). Large Bridge (The Iron Footbridge in Frankfurt/Main) (Grosse Brücke [Der eiserne Steg in Frankfurt/Main]), 1922. Drypoint and etching on laid paper, Image (Plate): 16 3/8 x 10 in. (41.6 x 25.4 cm). Brooklyn Museum, By exchange, 38.792. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (77%)