This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
- Artist: Raphael Soyer, American, born Russia, 1899-1987
- Medium: Lithograph on wove paper
- Dates: 1935
- Dimensions: sheet: 20 15/16 x 15 1/2 in. (53.2 x 39.4 cm) image: 15 1/4 x 11 1/2 in. (38.7 x 29.2 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in graphite outside of plate, lower right: "Raphael Soyer" Printed in lithograph inside of plate, lower right "RAPHAEL SOYER/1935"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in graphite, outside of plate lower left: "Backstage"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 39.625
- Credit Line: Gift of New York World's Fair, Department of Contemporary Art
- Rights Statement: © Estate of Raphael Soyer
- Caption: Raphael Soyer (American, born Russia, 1899-1987). Backstage, 1935. Lithograph on wove paper, sheet: 20 15/16 x 15 1/2 in. (53.2 x 39.4 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of New York World's Fair, Department of Contemporary Art, 39.625. © Estate of Raphael Soyer
- Record Completeness: Adequate (52%)