This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Jack and the Cornstalk
- Artist: Ross A. Lewis, American, 1902-1977
- Medium: Black conte crayon with touches of white correction fluid on wove paper
- Dates: 1938
- Dimensions: sheet: 14 1/16 x 11 3/16 in. (35.7 x 28.4 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in crayon, lower right: "R. A. / Lewis"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed on recto in blue pencil at lower left: "JACK AND THE CORNSTALK"; and at lower right: "1938"; on verso upper left "Mr. Knippel"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 41.198
- Credit Line: Gift of the artist
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Ross A. Lewis (American, 1902-1977). Jack and the Cornstalk, 1938. Black conte crayon with touches of white correction fluid on wove paper, sheet: 14 1/16 x 11 3/16 in. (35.7 x 28.4 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of the artist, 41.198. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (72%)