This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Caesar Refuses the Crown
- Artist: Quincy Scott, American, 1882-1965
- Medium: Pen and India ink on paper
- Dates: ca. 1940
- Dimensions: image: 21 7/16 x 18 in. (54.5 x 45.7 cm) sheet: 27 1/2 x 21 7/16 in. (69.9 x 54.5 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in ink, lower right of image: "Quincy / Scott"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in graphite at bottom of sheet: at center, "Caesar Refuses the Crown"; on lower right, partially cut off, "3 cols [?] / July"
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 41.853
- Credit Line: Gift of the artist
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Quincy Scott (American, 1882-1965). Caesar Refuses the Crown, ca. 1940. Pen and India ink on paper, image: 21 7/16 x 18 in. (54.5 x 45.7 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of the artist, 41.853. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (72%)