This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
- Artist: George Herriman, American, 1880-1944
- Medium: Pen and ink on paper
- Dates: 1936
- Dimensions: Sheet: 24 7/8 x 15 15/16 in. (63.2 x 40.5 cm) Image: 22 3/16 x 14 3/8 in. (56.4 x 36.5 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Circular stamp impressed in upper left corner; "STRATHMORE / USE EITHER SIDE" around flower in center
- Signature: Signed in border, bottom center, in ink: "Herriman"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in ink in lower right corner of bottom frame: "11-15" Inscribed in graphite along bottom of sheet: at lower left, "2 Silvers"; at center, "--9 1/4--"; and along bottom right and wrapping around right side, "Leo - acus[?] - thanks for sending the Humic effusion - / you are indeed a delicacy - a tid-bit - I am moved - and what with the sweet word from the 'Jewel' - / my old bones are ashiver with ecstasy - Dominus Vobescum. - G.H." Tags affixed to sheet: below title, "Registered U. S. Patent Office." and to left of signature, "1936, King Features Syndicate, Inc., World rights reserved."
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 47.216.2
- Credit Line: Gift of Sylvan Byck
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: George Herriman (American, 1880-1944). Krazy Kat, 1936. Pen and ink on paper, Sheet: 24 7/8 x 15 15/16 in. (63.2 x 40.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Sylvan Byck, 47.216.2. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (73%)