This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
World War II Illustration II
- Artist: John Groth, American, born 1908
- Medium: Ink and wash on paper
- Dates: before 1947
- Dimensions: Sheet: 17 7/16 x 23 in. (44.3 x 58.4 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: On verso, embossed stamp in upper right: "[symbol] R.W.S. / [illegible #]04 26, CONDUIT STREET / GUARANTEED / PURE PAPER" Watermarks in paper: "HAND MADE" and "HAYLE MILL [cut off]"
- Signature: Unsigned on recto; signed in graphite on verso, upper left: "John Groth"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 47.238.2
- Credit Line: Gift of the artist
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: John Groth (American, born 1908). World War II Illustration II, before 1947. Ink and wash on paper, Sheet: 17 7/16 x 23 in. (44.3 x 58.4 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of the artist, 47.238.2. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Drawing on verso in ink and graphite of gondolas with gondolier
- Record Completeness: Good (61%)