This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Monastery of San Simeon
- Artist: Edwin Howland Blashfield, American, 1848-1936
- Medium: Graphite on paper mounted to dark gray paperboard
- Dates: n.d.
- Dimensions: Sheet (irregular): 10 1/2 x 13 5/8 in. (26.7 x 34.6 cm) Mat (drawing mounted to): 12 x 18 9/16 in. (30.5 x 47.1 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Unsigned
- Inscriptions: Artist's notations, in graphite, identifying landscape elements: "mountains", "green", and "nile"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 48.217.2
- Credit Line: Gift of John H. Field
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Edwin Howland Blashfield (American, 1848-1936). Monastery of San Simeon, n.d. Graphite on paper mounted to dark gray paperboard, Sheet (irregular): 10 1/2 x 13 5/8 in. (26.7 x 34.6 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of John H. Field, 48.217.2. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Drawing mounted to paperboard with 48.217.1 on other side.
- Record Completeness: Good (74%)