This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
El Moallanga Church in Old Cairo
- Artist: Edwin Howland Blashfield, American, 1848-1936
- Medium: Graphite on paper mounted to paperboard
- Dates: n.d.
- Dimensions: Sheet: 10 3/4 x 11 15/16 in. (27.3 x 30.3 cm) Mat (drawing mounted to): 11 15/16 x 18 1/2 in. (30.3 x 47 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Unsigned
- Inscriptions: Several artist's notations in graphite: at lower left, "El Moallaka / 6th cent. / nave / 9th [illegible]"; in center, "Saints (on gold)"; at right edge, partially cut off, "nav[?] / a[r?]"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 48.217.4
- Credit Line: Gift of John H. Field
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Edwin Howland Blashfield (American, 1848-1936). El Moallanga Church in Old Cairo, n.d. Graphite on paper mounted to paperboard, Sheet: 10 3/4 x 11 15/16 in. (27.3 x 30.3 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of John H. Field, 48.217.4. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Drawing mounted to paperboard with 48.217.5 on other side.
- Record Completeness: Good (74%)