This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
"Le Juste, Comme le Bois de Santal Perfume la Hache Qui le Frappe."
- Portfolio/Series: from the portfolio: "Miserere"
- Artist: Georges Rouault, French, 1871-1958
- Medium: Etching, aquatint, and heliogravure on laid Arches paper
- Dates: 1926
- Dimensions: 23 1/8 x 16 9/16 in. (58.8 x 42 cm) (show scale)
- Inscriptions: Watermarks: "Arches"and "Ambroise Vollard"
- Collections:European Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 50.15.46
- Edition: Edition: 16/425
- Credit Line: Frank L. Babbott Fund
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Georges Rouault (French, 1871-1958). "Le Juste, Comme le Bois de Santal Perfume la Hache Qui le Frappe.," 1926. Etching, aquatint, and heliogravure on laid Arches paper, 23 1/8 x 16 9/16 in. (58.8 x 42 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Frank L. Babbott Fund, 50.15.46. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (52%)