This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Passing Freight Train
- Artist: Martin Lewis, American, born Australia, 1883-1962
- Medium: Etching on paper
- Dates: 1934
- Dimensions: sheet: 12 1/2 x 17 7/8 in. (31.8 x 45.4 cm) image: 9 x 14 5/16 in. (22.9 x 36.4 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in graphite outside of plate, lower right: "Martin Lewis -"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in graphite, outside of plate lower left: "for Dudley Nichols"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 63.204.3
- Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. Dudley Nichols in memory of her husband
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Martin Lewis (American, born Australia, 1883-1962). Passing Freight Train, 1934. Etching on paper, sheet: 12 1/2 x 17 7/8 in. (31.8 x 45.4 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. Dudley Nichols in memory of her husband, 63.204.3. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (52%)