This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Gran'pa Takes a Walk
- Artist: Martin Lewis, American, born Australia, 1883-1962
- Medium: Etching and aquatint on paper
- Dates: ca. 1940
- Dimensions: sheet: 12 3/8 x 16 7/16 in. (31.4 x 41.8 cm) image: 8 7/8 x 11 11/16 in. (22.5 x 29.7 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in graphite outside of plate, lower right: "Martin Lewis - Imp."; signed in etching, inside of plate, lower right: "MARTIN LEWIS"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in graphite, outside of plate lower left: "trial proof-"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 63.204.19
- State: Trial proof
- Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. Dudley Nichols in memory of her husband
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Martin Lewis (American, born Australia, 1883-1962). Gran'pa Takes a Walk, ca. 1940. Etching and aquatint on paper, sheet: 12 3/8 x 16 7/16 in. (31.4 x 41.8 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. Dudley Nichols in memory of her husband, 63.204.19. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (53%)