This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Under the Street Lamp
- Artist: Martin Lewis, American, born Australia, 1883-1962
- Medium: Etching on paper
- Dates: 1928
- Dimensions: sheet: 18 7/16 x 12 5/8 in. (46.8 x 32.1 cm) image: 14 15/16 x 9 3/8 in. (37.9 x 23.8 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Watermark: ETRURIA/ITALY
- Signature: Signed in graphite outside of plate, lower right: "Martin Lewis -"; and in etching, inside of plate, lower right: "MARTIN LEWIS"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in graphite, lower left of sheet: "Under the Street Lamp"; and in graphite, lower left of sheet, erased "Suburban Night. 25.00. Edition 75. (etching)"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 63.204.21
- Edition: Edition: 100
- Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. Dudley Nichols in memory of her husband
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Martin Lewis (American, born Australia, 1883-1962). Under the Street Lamp, 1928. Etching on paper, sheet: 18 7/16 x 12 5/8 in. (46.8 x 32.1 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. Dudley Nichols in memory of her husband, 63.204.21. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (56%)