This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Etude Pour Golgotha
- Artist: Arthur William Heintzelman, American, 1891-1965
- Medium: Red chalk on paper
- Dates: 1925
- Dimensions: Sheet: 16 13/16 x 13 1/2 in. (42.7 x 34.3 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Watermark in paper: "O. W. P. & A. C. L"
- Signature: Signed in red chalk, upper left: "Heintzelman '25"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Etude pour Golgotha"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 64.101.228
- Credit Line: Gift of The Louis E. Stern Foundation, Inc.
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Arthur William Heintzelman (American, 1891-1965). Etude Pour Golgotha, 1925. Red chalk on paper, Sheet: 16 13/16 x 13 1/2 in. (42.7 x 34.3 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of The Louis E. Stern Foundation, Inc., 64.101.228. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Small sketch in red chalk of Christ's shoulders over cross beam on verso
- Record Completeness: Good (73%)