This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Interior of the Synagogue
- Artist: Joseph Pennell, American, 1860-1926
- Medium: Pen and ink over graphite on paper
- Dates: n.d.
- Dimensions: Sheet: 11 x 15 1/2 in. (27.9 x 39.4 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in ink, lower right: "Jo PENNELL / Brody"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in ink on verso (artist's hand?): in center, "In ['the'--struck through] a synagogue -- Brody / II [No. ?] 6" and, below, in graphite, "12" between arrows
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 64.101.292
- Credit Line: Gift of The Louis E. Stern Foundation, Inc.
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Joseph Pennell (American, 1860-1926). Interior of the Synagogue, n.d. Pen and ink over graphite on paper, Sheet: 11 x 15 1/2 in. (27.9 x 39.4 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of The Louis E. Stern Foundation, Inc., 64.101.292. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (72%)