This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
The Face in the Moon
- Artist: Louise Nevelson, American, born Russia, 1900-1988
- Medium: Etching on paper
- Dates: 1953-1955
- Dimensions: sheet: 22 1/4 x 19 in. (56.5 x 48.3 cm) image: 21 11/16 x 17 15/16 in. (55.1 x 45.6 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Marked in graphite on verso: "2"
- Signature: Signed lower right in graphite: "Louise Nevelson"
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 65.22.11
- Edition: Edition: 1/20 Incomplete edition-printed by artist
- Credit Line: Gift of Louise Nevelson
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Louise Nevelson (American, born Russia, 1900-1988). The Face in the Moon, 1953-1955. Etching on paper, sheet: 22 1/4 x 19 in. (56.5 x 48.3 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Louise Nevelson, 65.22.11. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (55%)