This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Our Short Order Restaurant
- Artist: Jay Darling, American, 1876-1962
- Medium: Ink over graphite on paper
- Dates: ca. 1941
- Dimensions: sheet: 20 x 16 in. (50.8 x 40.6 cm) image: 19 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. (49.5 x 39.4 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed lower right in ink: "Ding"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed recto at top right of sheet, in graphite: "SAT RE[C]" On verso: at lower right, in green marker, "Received / Jan. 21, '41 / from J. N. Darling / Des Moines, Iowa"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 67.27.15
- Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. Harold J. Baily
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Jay Darling (American, 1876-1962). Our Short Order Restaurant, ca. 1941. Ink over graphite on paper, sheet: 20 x 16 in. (50.8 x 40.6 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. Harold J. Baily, 67.27.15. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Light, illegible graphite inscriptions (abstract shapes) on verso
- Record Completeness: Good (72%)