This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Somebody Strayed Into the Wrong Pasture
- Artist: Daniel B. Dowling, American, 1906-1993
- Medium: Crayon, ink, and graphite on paper
- Dates: ca. 1950
- Dimensions: sheet: 17 1/4 x 14 11/16 in. (43.8 x 37.3 cm) image: 14 7/8 x 12 3/4 in. (37.8 x 32.4 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Stamped verso, lower right in green: "HAROLD JAMES BAILY / COUNSELOR AT LAW / 165 BROADWAY, NEW YORK 6 / JUN 30 [30 written over 20 in graphite] 1950" Inscribed in graphite to right of stamp: "Published / N.Y. H. Tribune / June 28, 50"
- Signature: Signed in ink, lower right of image: "DOWLING"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed recto, in ink, lower right of image: "To brother / Baily / from brother / Dowling / kai"; inscribed in graphite in bottom margin of sheet: reproduction measurements
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 67.27.18
- Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. Harold J. Baily
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Daniel B. Dowling (American, 1906-1993). Somebody Strayed Into the Wrong Pasture, ca. 1950. Crayon, ink, and graphite on paper, sheet: 17 1/4 x 14 11/16 in. (43.8 x 37.3 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. Harold J. Baily, 67.27.18. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (73%)