This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
- Artist: Vaughn Richard Shoemaker, American, 1902-1991
- Medium: Ink, crayon, and blue pencil with touches of white correction fluid on paper
- Dates: n.d.
- Dimensions: Sheet: 17 3/8 x 14 in. (44.1 x 35.6 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in ink, lower left: "SHOEMAKER"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in red ink, lower left, in artist's hand: "To Harold Baily / with the Best of Wishes / SHOEMAKER" Inscribed on verso, in green ink, in different hand: "V. S's first / cartoon in NY. H.-Tribune / about Nov. '56"
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 67.27.20
- Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. Harold J. Baily
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Vaughn Richard Shoemaker (American, 1902-1991). Opportunity Knocks, n.d. Ink, crayon, and blue pencil with touches of white correction fluid on paper, Sheet: 17 3/8 x 14 in. (44.1 x 35.6 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. Harold J. Baily, 67.27.20. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (59%)