This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Some Hesitation Back Up the Line
- Artist: Daniel B. Dowling, American, 1906-1993
- Medium: Ink, Benday, and graphite on paper
- Dates: ca. 1951
- Dimensions: sheet: 17 3/16 x 14 15/16 in. (43.7 x 37.9 cm) image: 15 7/16 x 13 1/4 in. (39.2 x 33.7 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Stamped at upper right corner of sheet: "APR 10 1951 REC'D"; collector's stamp, verso, lower right, in green: "HAROLD JAMES BAILY / COUNSELOR AT LAW / 165 BROADWAY, NEW YORK 6 / APR 18 1951"
- Signature: Signed in ink, lower right of image: "DOWLING"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed recto, lower left of image, in ink: "Best regards / to Brother Baily / from Brother Dowling / (kai)"; inscribed in graphite, along bottom margin: reproduction measurements
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 67.62.2
- Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. Harold J. Baily
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Daniel B. Dowling (American, 1906-1993). Some Hesitation Back Up the Line, ca. 1951. Ink, Benday, and graphite on paper, sheet: 17 3/16 x 14 15/16 in. (43.7 x 37.9 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. Harold J. Baily, 67.62.2. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (73%)