This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
The President's Speech
- Artist: Daniel B. Dowling, American, 1906-1993
- Medium: Ink, crayon, and white correction fluid on paper
- Dates: ca. 1951
- Dimensions: sheet: 17 x 14 3/16 in. (43.2 x 36 cm) image: 15 1/16 x 12 15/16 in. (38.3 x 32.9 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Stamped on verso, lower right: "HAROLD JAMES BAILY / COUNSELOR AT LAW / 165 BROADWAY, NEW YORK 6 / APR 18 1951"; stamped at upper right, "APR 12 1951 REC'D"
- Signature: Signed in ink, lower right: "Dowling"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in ink, in lower left of image: "For Brother / Harold J. Baily / from brother / Dowling"; various inscriptions around border of sheet including, in graphite, reproduction measurements at bottom
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 67.62.3
- Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. Harold J. Baily
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Daniel B. Dowling (American, 1906-1993). The President's Speech, ca. 1951. Ink, crayon, and white correction fluid on paper, sheet: 17 x 14 3/16 in. (43.2 x 36 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. Harold J. Baily, 67.62.3. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (73%)