This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
- Artist: Daniel B. Dowling, American, 1906-1993
- Medium: Ink, crayon, Benday tone and graphite on paper
- Dates: ca. 1951
- Dimensions: sheet: 19 13/16 x 16 in. (50.3 x 40.6 cm) image: 17 5/8 x 14 3/4 in. (44.8 x 37.5 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Stamped recto, at upper right of sheet: "NOV 16 1951 REC'D"; stamped verso, in green: "DEC 20 1951 / HAROLD JAMES BAILY / COUNSELOR AT LAW / 165 BROADWAY, NEW YORK 6"
- Signature: Signed in ink, lower right of image: "DOWLING"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed recto, in ink, upper left of image: "To Brother Bing / Baily from / Dan Dowling"; reproduction measurements inscribed in graphite in bottom margin
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 67.62.7
- Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. Harold J. Baily
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Daniel B. Dowling (American, 1906-1993). Thanksgiving Story, ca. 1951. Ink, crayon, Benday tone and graphite on paper, sheet: 19 13/16 x 16 in. (50.3 x 40.6 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. Harold J. Baily, 67.62.7. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (73%)