This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
- Artist: Harry Levine, American, born Russia, 1893-1945
- Medium: Lignum vitae (wood)
- Dates: n.d.
- Dimensions: With Base: 18 x 5 5/8 x 7 3/4 in. (45.7 x 14.3 x 19.7 cm) Base only: 6 7/8 x 5 5/8 x 5 5/8 in. (17.5 x 14.3 x 14.3 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Unsigned
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Luce Visible Storage and Study Center, 5th Floor
- Accession Number: 45.67.1
- Credit Line: Gift of the Educational Alliance Art School
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Harry Levine (American, born Russia, 1893-1945). Negro Head, n.d. Lignum vitae (wood), With Base: 18 x 5 5/8 x 7 3/4 in. (45.7 x 14.3 x 19.7 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of the Educational Alliance Art School, 45.67.1. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Carved head of black man with close-cropped hair, heavy-lidded eyes with pupils bored out, small flat nose, full lips, wrinkle outlines mouth, furrowed brow (wrinkles in forehead), wrinkles in neck; head attached to simple squared pilaster base. Condition: Good; few vertical cracks in wood; reddish triangular section at back of head.
- Record Completeness: Good (79%)